When hundreds of women come together to take action against unaffordable (or poverty) housing, what you’re sure to have is a tremendous impact in the community. Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build, is a national event that empowers women from across the country to fundraise and build a home for women in their communities who are first-time homeowners. Habitat Greater Orlando’s 2016 Women Build event – which will take place in our Butler’s Preserve community – will attract hundreds of Central Florida women to not only support an important community need, but also gain networking and team-building experience. The event will take place April 23-May 7, 2016.
How do I join the fun?
- Corporate-sponsored teams (sponsorships start at $1,000)
- Personal team (average a minimum of $500 raised per team member)
- Individual efforts (raise a minimum of $500)
Ever dollar matters
- $25 = a box of nails used by volunteers to brace the walls of a family’s new home
- $100 = a kitchen window where parents will watch their children play in their own yard
- $500 = a front door opening each day to a new adventure and new dreams
Registration will be up soon! We’ll provide easy and fun ways to reach your fundraising goals, and you’ll learn about fun incentives and prizes. For more details, contact Jacqueline Boykin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-440-6968.