When hundreds of women come together to take action against unaffordable (or poverty) housing, what you’re sure to have is a tremendous impact in the community. Habitat for Humanity’s Women Build, is a national event that empowers women from across the country to fundraise and build a home for women in their communities who are first-time homeowners. Habitat Greater Orlando’s 2016 Women Build event – which will take place in our Butler’s Preserve community – will attract hundreds of Central Florida women to not only support an important community need, but also gain networking and team-building experience. The event will take place April 23-May 7, 2016.
How do I join the fun?
- Corporate-sponsored teams (sponsorships start at $1,000)
- Personal team (average a minimum of $500 raised per team member)
- Individual efforts (raise a minimum of $500)
Ever dollar matters
- $25 = a box of nails used by volunteers to brace the walls of a family’s new home
- $100 = a kitchen window where parents will watch their children play in their own yard
- $500 = a front door opening each day to a new adventure and new dreams